1. The City of Columbia would like to reiterate that all gas late payment fees have been suspended during this time. Last week discussion was held pertaining to disconnection of gas services. We decided to postpone this month’s disconnects. We understand that these are essential services; and, want to serve our residents during this time. You can continue to pay your bill online at www.cityofcolumbiaky.com, putting in the drop-off box at the back of city hall, and/or call 270-384-2501 and we can take a payment online.
2. We have and are continuing to structure our workforce to be able to answer your questions; and, be available during this time. All departments are on a different schedule; allowing for coverage in the event an employee becomes ill. Some of our employees are also cross-training in order to be available in case a situation arises.
3. The City of Columbia Gas Department will be available (as always) after hours at 270-384-2006 for emergency situations.
4. The City of Columbia Police Department continues to operate as usual. They can be reached for emergency by calling 911.
5. The City of Columbia is continuing to take food donations. They are being
distributed to the elderly and children in our community. Totes are available in the front and rear of city hall to drop-off donations.
6. As always, we encourage the support of small businesses in our town. Today additional restrictions on non-essential services will go into effect. We urge you to buy gift cards from local businesses; pay your hair stylist in advance, and support these small businesses during this time.
7. Good health practices are the key. Please wash your hands often and utilize hand sanitizer. Remain home as much as possible to limit your contact with others.
8. Please use this time to stay home, be close with your family, read a book, take a walk.
Be strong. Be resilient. We are all in this together.
Pamela Hoots, Mayor